Friday, August 10, 2012

August Happiness Challenge - Day 10

Today has been extra-special!

I decided not to work too hard today. This week I've worked until 9:00pm or later every day (including Monday, which is technically my 'day off').

When Amber came in at 1:00 this afternoon, I surprised her by telling her that she wasn't going to be doing any work. Instead, because she's asked me so many times, I was going to teach her how to make earrings. She was so excited!

I placed the giant bowl of Czech pressed glass beads on the table, then gathered the tools, and findings. Amber's eyes got huge when she realized she could pick anything she wanted to use for her creations.

She's a quick learner. Keeping up with her when she's packaging is a challenge. We tell her what we need her to do, and she gets right on it. She works quickly, finds her own efficiencies, and gets the job done.

She took to making earrings as if she's been making them for years. She made my heart soar when she approached a customer, her hands brimming with earrings, and explained how she'd just learn to make them. The customer was impressed, and Amber was happy with the compliments she received.

In two hours, she made 14 pairs of earrings, and she made me very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...