Thursday, August 9, 2012

August Happiness Challenge - Day 9

This evening I'm playing hostess. It's BYOF... otherwise known as Bring Your Own Fun!

From 6:00-9:00 I'll have the pleasure of spending the evening with some great beady peeps and just bead.

I don't get to do bead for my own pleasure very often. I know, hard to believe when I spend the majority of my days surrounded by a shop full of treasures. Most of my beading happens when I teach a class, or when I'm looking for some quiet time at home. I really look forward to the second Thursday of the month. It's fun to get to know everyone who comes in for the evening a bit better, and see what new creation they're working on.

Tonight, I'm going to be starting a kumihimo necklace. I'll be donating the finished piece to a fundraising auction to benefit the Southern Oregon Historical Society.


I thought it would be fun to make the piece on the marudai I purchased for the shop last year. Lately, I've been using a foam disk to make and teach kumihimo, but since a necklace is bit more time intensive, the marudai felt like the right tool.

I'm happy I was able to remember to set it up on my own after not using it for such a long time. The necklace I'm planning will be in pewter tones with a matte porcelain bead as a focal. The closure will be a magnetic clasp.

I'll share pictures when it's finished... right now I have a gathering to get ready!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...